Sunday, October 18, 2009

Wedding Prayer

Yesterday was a blessed day as I had the honor to officiate at my son's and his bride's wedding. This closing prayer best expresses my joy for them and the delight of their wedding day.

"Heavenly Father, God Almighty, Creator and Preserver of all mankind; because of the relationship that Timothy and Mary Susan have with You through Jesus Christ, I can pray with confidence that they will keep the covenant made before You and these witnesses today.

May they live according to Your Holy Word, practicing Christ likeness through word and deed in the power of the Holy Spirit. Look with mercy upon Timothy and Mary Susan, that they may love, honor, and cherish each other. May they live together in faithfulness and patience, in wisdom and in righteousness. May their home be a light for the lost and a haven of peace for all.

I pray Heavenly Father that you would bless Timothy and Mary Susan with children and I pray that their children be Christ followers. I pray this in the name of the Lord Jesus. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment