Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Heaven - Our Hope

This week we had a wonderful impromptu FamilyLife Staff Meeting with Randy Alcorn speaking.  Certainly it was the hand of Providence that the author of the book Heaven would speak to our staff the morning after a dear friend and coworker met Jesus face-to-face.  Certainly it was the hand of Providence that the author of the book Heaven would speak to our staff the week another dear friend and coworker was discharged from the hospital because there was nothing more the medical staff could do for the cancer she was facing.

In the midst of great suffering, heartache, grief and sadness even the Christian needs to be reminded of our Hope.  The devotional that Randy shared lifted all of our spirits.  One key thing he shared is that "Biblical hope is rooted in the fact that this life and its troubles are brief experiences relative to eternity. Paul said, "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us" (Romans 8:18)."

I could not help but think back to 1978 when two men at different times during the year went out ...
 of their way to share with me the hope they had in Jesus Christ.  Jack shared with me in May and Wes shared with me in October.  By God's grace He saved me and I responded to the Gospel that October.  I am ever grateful that these men were prepared as Peter exhorts in 1st Peter 3:15 that every Christian always be ready “to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you … ” (NASB).

Before October 23 1978 I was Hell bound but since then I am Heaven bound!  Are you Heaven bound?  Have you shared Jesus with someone who is not?

No comments:

Post a Comment