Friday, November 5, 2010

God Space, A Review

God Space, Where Spiritual Conversations Happen Naturally (127 pages) by Doug Pollock, 2009, Group, Loveland, CO, group.com is a unique book for all generations. I was captivated by the title because of my personal belief that I needed to refresh my approach to evangelism and sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I highly recommend this book as a resource for both evangelism and discipleship.

I was raised in a religious culture that specifically frowned on proselytizing, so personal sharing of one's faith simply was not practiced. After my college and military days I was introduced to the Person of Jesus Christ by a friend in a working environment. By God's grace ...
I responded to this simple message from this type of evangelism and was subsequently trained by both The Navigators and Campus Crusade for Christ International in what I call contact evangelism.

Over the years I have found the lack of religious training and sensitivity to political correctness has hindered the receptivity of contact evangelism because the person being shared with had no biblical frame of reference or was too biased by preconceived ideas. Doug Pollock through the use of background stories has highlighted his point that spiritual conversations can start in many different ways and most importantly be nonthreatening.

Throughout the book Doug provides sidebar notes to help the reader transition from theory to practical application. The short read plus these notes make this book a valuable "on the shelf" resource for research and for day-to-day use.

No comments:

Post a Comment