Monday, December 5, 2011

Praying Through 1 Peter 1:13-15


Most Heavenly Father, I pray that you would prepare my mind for action in your kingdoms work this day. Help me be self disciplined that I might serve you well in righteousness and help me set my hope completely on the grace that you extend to me through Jesus Christ.

Help me Lord Jesus be disciplined in obedience to your word and not be conformed to the desires of my former life, that I might be considered holy as you are holy in all my conduct.

I thank you Lord that I am holy because of the work Jesus Christ has done on my behalf. I praise you and worship you for being a holy and righteous God, full of justice and mercy and lovingkindness which endure forever.

Thank you Lord for being an impartial judge. Give me strength to conduct myself in reverence during the time you have given me in your service.

Thank you Lord for the redemption I have in Christ. I thank you that I have been redeemed from my former way of life and the life inherited from my fathers. I recognize that I have been redeemed by the precious blood of Christ and that my previous life holds no power over me.

Thank you Father for Jesus Christ and for your word which reveals him at this time.

Thank you Father for raising Jesus from the dead and giving him the glory that is his and his alone so that my faith and hope will be in God.

I pray that your Holy Spirit would lead me in the truth that I may have a pure heart to love the brother and live a full and complete life being born again by the living and enduring word of God. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment