This time of year we are focused as a nation on thanksgiving. I am thankful and let me explain why (before you click on the video below).
Reading through the book of Jeremiah has caused me to consider the state of nations throughout history. The Old Testament is full of examples of the rise and fall of nations, specifically the nation of Israel and nations interacting with Israel. One thing clear to me is that the states that obeyed God and his Word fared well according to his promises. Many examples of individual well-being abounds in the Old...
Testament as well. Those individuals who obeyed God and his Word fared better than those individuals who did not.
In the New Testament there is more emphasis on the individual rather than nations. The instruction of the New Testament books is for individual obedience to God and his Word, personal righteousness. "What," you may be asking, "does this have to do with being thankful."
As I look at our nation and our nation's people and see the heartache, tragedies, and pain due to failed relationships especially as it impacts marriages, I am thankful to be involved with a ministry such as FamilyLife. I am thankful that we teach biblical principles and provide tools for application. I am thankful that we see life change at our Weekend to Remember conferences. Life change that will impact generations to come. This video encapsulates many of the reasons we have given our life to this ministry. I encourage you to be a difference maker now in your life, in your family, to impact generations to come. One Home At a Time.
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment